Monday, August 5, 2013

Crazy Driver?



A few weeks ago I posted a blog segment entitled, ‘Finishing the Race’-June 10, 2013. I was reminded of that segment when the following ‘thought’ came to my mind! 


As a disclaimer, my heart motive is pure, and I by no means want to come across as disrespectful!


A lot of changes have been taking place in my career and ministry this summer…unexpected changes! While trying to keep track, the following popped into my funny little creative mind! It kind of reminds me of driving in Springfield!


Envision this:


I am 'driving' along following ‘the car’ in front of me (God-laying out my lifepath) as carefully as I can. Things are moving along smoothly when all the sudden ‘the car’ in front of me makes an abrupt stop and a sharp left turn (without even signaling!). Right after I catch my breath from that ‘close call’, ‘he’ makes another abrupt stop and makes a sharp right turn—of course, without signaling! I am not sure if any more of those abrupt stops and turns lie ahead because this car in front of me is now driving very slowly and cautiously on a small Farm Road with signs posted every few miles that read, “Blind Curves Ahead”.  I guess I should trust ‘this guy’ in front of me and follow as closely and carefully as I can!


Does your life ever feel like you are driving in Springfield (or wherever you choose to complain about drivers!)?  Trust the One who paved the route, follow closely, and proceed cautiously!  Oh, and the car behind you…that’s the tow truck! (See Finishing the Race...)


Drive Safely~~

Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment