Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Remember the Rain!



Well, if you were driving on West By-Pass when I was yesterday afternoon, and you wondered where the rain went….Let me tell you!

God demonstrated His greatness to defeat my forgetfulness!

In the Bible Study in which I am currently participating, a discussion question in one of the early lessons asked us to consider reasons why our culture (or ourselves) tend to ignore God. We were to discuss different options hinted at in Judges 2:10. One, either they just didn’t (don’t) know God, or two, they didn’t (don’t) know what all God has done. I offered a third possible reason… because I know me! Number three, we don’t stop to remember what God has done. We know Him. We know what He has donebut so often we forget what He has done!  Then, lo, and behold, I got a lesson in that thought yesterday!

My out of town infant granddaughter and her mom have been in town visiting, and I was taking the baby with me to pick up the local grandkids from school. As I was driving down to the school, it started pouring-I mean POURING down rain. Immediately I go into a panic attack~~ “What am I going to do when I get to the school?” “I can’t take her and the car seat out of the car in THIS!” “It wouldn’t be appropriate for me to call the school and have them bring the kids to the car!” “What am I going to do!

Then, immediately, the rain just stopped!~~~and I recognized the hand of God. I do believe I heard, “HELL-O?” And, right then I prayed (and, yes, you can pray while driving!), “Lord, please let the rain be stopped when I get to the school”.  Then, it started raining hard again!   But, it wasn’t raining when I got to the school. Baby, car seat, and grandma got out of the car and into the school—and all back in just as dry as could be!

I thought of Mark chapter 4~when Mark recorded the incident on the Sea of Galilee when the disciples had the same concerns I did!  In my case, verse 40 would read, “HELL-O!” and verse 41 would read, “Well, duh, Debbie….you didn’t even stop to consider praying~you just went straight to worrying”

I know God. I know is good and have seen Him to great things….I just tend to forget!  When I do, He tends to remind me!

As we were heading back to the car, one of my dear granddaughters said, “Grandma, good thing it’s not raining right now!”  My response?  “Yes, dear. Wasn’t it special that Jesus stopped it from raining on us?”

Dear Lord, thank you for stopping the rain~~~and for the lessons you teach us every day. Please help us to always remember!

Remember the rain!

Debbie
Bible Study: Gideon by Priscilla Shirer (Lifeway)

No comments:

Post a Comment