Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Whose Understanding?

When I started this segment, this first sentence was going to read, “today’s segment stems from two verses that uniquely fit together to maybe bringing some sense to the day to day events that often leave us scratching our heads in an attempt to figure out what God is doing.” By the time I finished, those two verses stretched to three…and inevitably beyond that.
Well, let’s get on with the point at hand.
Have you said those infamous words, “I don’t understand!”?
     I don’t understand why XYZ happened!
             I don’t understand why XYZ DIDN’T happen!
                    I don’t understand why XYZ IS happening!
Been there?
Then we take a deep breath and back off a bit as we remember all the things we have learned about God and His plan for our lives. But, our next step always seems to be like Jeremiah in Jeremiah 12:1 (thanks, Michael)… “God, I know you’re righteous, but can I talk to you minute about what’s going on in my world, because it’s not making much sense”Debbie’s version.
So, basically, we’re still not ‘getting it’, are we?
Well, sure enough, while wrestling through Jeremiah 12:1, a friend posted Proverbs 20:24 on his FB page (Thanks, Vic):
A man’s steps are of the Lord. How then can a man understand His own way?
Now, I ‘get it’…We’re NOT SUPPOSED to get it!
We’re not CAPABLE of getting it!  
Do you suppose that is why God gave us Proverbs 3:5?
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not (don’t depend) on your OWN understanding. 
Be encouraged by the fact that you don't understand because you're not capable of understanding. But, rest assured, you can trust the ONE who does understand! 
I find it interesting how God’s Word all fits together. This verse leads to that verse, and that verse leads to yet another verse…and on it goes.
And it keeps on going…and going…and going.
“Get it?”
Debbie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment