Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Public Service Announcement


My son, if sinners entice thee~consent thou not.
Proverbs 1:10

I always enjoyed teaching that verse to my first graders, or to the kiddos from church. It was always fun to get to that last phrase and shake your finger in your verse partner’s face as part of the actions.

While teaching in the 80s it reminded me of Nancy Reagan’s drug campaign, “Just say NO!”   It was fun to quote, “ My son, if sinners entice thee~Just say NO!” and put a loud emphasize on the last three words!

Well, believe it or not, those same words play in my mind at the airport when the PA announcement states, “If any unknown person or persons attempt to give you any item….” That is as far as I hear it, because in my mind I hear, “If any unknown person or persons attempt to give you any item, ‘consent thou not’”!  Whenever we hear that announcement, my husband always waits for me to ‘shake my finger’ and say, ‘consent thou not!’ We always get such a laugh!

My dear friend, if sinners entice you, 
  consent thou not—
      do not give in-
         just say NO-
            refuse-
               walk away-
                  report it to an accountability partner-
                     tell God-
                        quote a verse (Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against God)…
 DON’T DO IT!!!!

Giving in is just a serious as taking an unknown package through airport security-you just don’t know what you could be getting yourself into!

So if you travel by air this summer, be listening for the warning from ‘my friend’ and …

Consent thou not!
Debbie

No comments:

Post a Comment